Crowdfunding: Painter ✾ Piano
My current crowdfunding campaign is for a new album by my ‘contemplative jazz trio’, Stillness3! Starting with the same mix of spacious, meditative compositions and improvisations that formed our debut from 2007 (check it out below!), the trio will recreate the magic with a live, intimate studio concert on February 21 2019 at Greve Studio, Berlin.
The money raised will be used to complete and release the album to supporters and, later on, the public. That includes recording, mixing, sequencing and mastering, graphic design, CD manufacturing and shipping, digital release expenses, and miscellaneous associated costs.
We are offering a number of ‘reward packages’ tied to suggested donation amounts. The money will help us cover recording and production costs including studio costs, mixing, editing, mastering, graphic design, CD pressing and packaging, and so on.
There are rewards for this campaign! Just drop me a line to let me know where and how to send the appropriate items your way… I’ve listed “suggested donation” amounts in Euro…
(1) €20 – immediate download of the first album (If you don’t already have it – if you do, please feel free to pass the new download code along to a friend!) and a download of the new one when it’s finished, sometime in spring 2019
(2) €40 – CD copies of both albums, shipped when the new one is finished, plus downloads (first album immediately, new one as soon as it’s ready)
(3) €50 – downloads of both albums as per (1), plus a ticket to join the studio audience on the 21st; limited quantities available*
(4) €60 – as per (3) but with signed CD copies of both albums, as above; limited quantities *
(5) €100 – as per (4) but with extra special thanks credit on the new CD, and two copies of each CD so you can share the music… *
* Space in the studio is limited, so altogether for offers (3) to (4) availability is limited to 20 places total
tobias tinker – piano
Scott White – contrabass
CDs are available in cardboard jackets only (no plastic jewel cases!), printed and pressed at very high quality, and shipped directly from the production facility in New York. (Signed copies will take a little longer as I’ll have to have them shipped to me first…)
Recording will take place on February 21st, 2019. I’m planning to finish mixing and post-production over the course of the spring, and will post updates on that as it progresses…
We’re enormously grateful for any and all support, which will help give this little boat a push out into the world. I hope you enjoy the music!